Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, February 11, 2019
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on February 11, 2019 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:01 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Pam Sigler, Jeane Brieland, and Laura Miller. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer and Treasurer Shirley Badman were also in attendance.
Jim Langsford: A small portion of his property is currently being used by the Village. Mr. Langsford wanted it on record that he is okay with the Village using this section of his property. The concrete post sits on the SW corner of his property.
Laura Miller made a motion to accept the minutes, and Nancy George seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Pam Sigler made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report, and Laura Miller seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Shirley Badman brought to the Board’s attention some issues that arose regarding the water bills. There were several bills that were not received in the mail. Bart advised that for this month, we would not charge late fees. Anyone that did not receive a bill would have until shut-off day to get their bills paid. Jeane posted this information on our Village Facebook page. Going forward, Shirley is going to sort the bills as Melissa (at the post office) requested. Bart suggested that Shirley call Laura (the Post Master) if this month’s bills do not get delivered as they should. If we continue to have issues, we will take our bills to Tuscola post office.
Chris’s Service will now be the trash pick-up provider for the community building. By switching over, this will save the Village $37.95 per month.
Concession Stand Equipment:
Fridge – buy used
Hotdog Steamer – buy used
Microwave – donated by Laura Miller
Countertop – possibly donated by Jack Thompson
Popcorn popper – Jeane will check on this
All proceeds from the concession stand will go towards the Woolly Worm Festival
Schedule from Summer Rec is requested as soon as possible so we may locate volunteers to run the concession stand.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Chlorine pump finally came in
- No shut off’s in January
- Kyle has a Seminar and test in Effingham on the 21st
- Generator and lights work great
- Hydra pulley broke and they fixed it
- Several Julie calls
- Painted the office
- Fixed the stool at the community building
- Worked on the concession stand
- Took care of a tree that fell over River Rd.
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- Trash / Capt. Hook
- Hook will bring the dumpsters for the trash days. He will also have a dumpster on standby if we need it. We can call at the last minute and he will have it delivered. They are charging us $450 each. This saves us approximately $1000 (we spent between $3100 – $3200 last year).
- ERBA Grant
- ERBA is working on some grants for the community building. They called asking what year our building was built. Bart guessed that it somewhere in the 20’s. There was a remodel in 2006.
- Owen Piercy
- Bart called Owen regarding the complaint about his vehicles being parked at the public parking lot. He agreed to move his tree business vehicles by spring. He was receptive and understanding.
- Bart is going to get some bids for some new playground equipment (pre-k equipment, swings, etc.)
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 7:38 pm.