Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 14, 2019
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on October 14, 2019 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jim Hardway, Pam Sigler, Jeane Brieland, and Gary Gilpin. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer, Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer, and Treasurer Shirley Badman were all in attendance.
Jim Lansford was present, but he had nothing to present.
James Strubinger was present. He had nothing to present. However, he may be interested in a future board position and wanted to see how the meetings were handled.
Joe Pappas and Guy Webb were present. Mr. Webb stated he had his land surveyed, and he is asking for some streets to be vacated. He had his attorney present, Joe Pappas, to explain the property lines and to begin the vacating process. One street goes right through the middle of his property, one street is behind his property, and one street is directly to the west of his property. The street directly to the west of his property is shared with his neighbors (Cross Street). The Woolley family is known to utilize this street quite often as it leads directly to their parking area and barn. When asked if there had been a conversation or any notification with the Woolley’s, Mr. Webb stated he had not. He went on further to state believed Cross Street was deemed private property and vacated back in 1995. However, he had no proof of such at the time of the meeting. Mr. Webb believes the he is already the sole owner of Cross Street. He stated numerous times that he spent his own money to refinish the street and neither the Village nor the neighbors offered to help pay for it. Nancy George asked Mr. Webb if he had the property surveyed according to what the courthouse currently has on record. Mr. Webb replied yes. After much discussion about the rightful owners of Cross Street, Village President Bart Dann stated they would table this matter until proper notification has been made. Mr. Pappas assured the Village Board that he would post the proper notification in the local newspaper, and he would reach out to Mr. Webb’s neighbors. Bart advised Mr. Webb that he would be on next month’s agenda to move forward with this request.
Jim Hardway made a motion to accept the minutes, and Nancy George seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Nancy George made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Trick or Treat Hours – October 31st from 5pm – 7pm
- Snow Plow – Tabled
- Guy Webb Property – see above
- Woolly Worm Recap – Tabled (Salisa is waiting for invoices to come in.)
- Picnic Table Purchase – The picnic tables that were borrowed from Oakland Golf Course are for sale. They are asking $25 for each table, and there are eight tables. The Board agreed to purchase the tables. Oakland is also selling a 2016 John Deere Gator. They are asking $5200. Doug and Kyle are going to pass. There is also a golf cart for sale for $600. Again, Doug and Kyle passed.
- Renovations to the Basement Kitchen – Nancy suggested that once the kitchen is complete that the Village host an open house. We should offer refreshments and showcase the updates and rental opportunities.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Stage built
- Mowing and weeding
- Concrete steps are sold – pending pick up
- Lead and Copper samples taken (20). Will take to EPA tomorrow.
- River Rd cleaned up
- Cross Connections paperwork given to Shirley for copies.
- Plow – They looked at a plow and decided to pass on asking for a new one. A street broom would be more sensible. They have not gotten prices yet.
- A company that provides a water line locating system is coming to Villa Grove to show them their equipment. They asked Doug if we would be interested in going in 1/3 on the equipment – if they decide to purchase it. Doug suggested that he would like to see it work before asking for the Village to purchase one. Villa Grove will call Doug and Kyle when the company is coming and showing them a demonstration. Bart advised him to get a price and we can see if it is feasible.
- Rigid was used and it worked wonderfully.
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- Griffin complaints – Bart received notification that the Griffin family had some Halloween decorations stolen from their property. He advised her that this is a law enforcement matter, and there is nothing the Village can do for them.
- Golf Cart and Gator for sale – Passing (see above)
- Vehicle Ordinance Violations – Jaynes is the only residence left with vehicles remaining on the property. Salisa sent a certified letter that was signed for on September 19. The Board agreed to move forward with the attorney.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 8:26 pm.