Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, December 09, 2019
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on December 09, 2019 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jeane Brieland, Laura Miller, and Gary Gilpin. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer, Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer, and Treasurer Shirley Badman were all in attendance. Pam Sigler arrived at 7:05 pm.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Jim Lansford was present; had nothing to present.
Laura Miller made a motion to accept the minutes, and Gary Gilpin seconded the motion. The motion passed.
Laura Miller also made a motion to accept the Special Meeting minutes, and Gary Gilpin seconded that motion. The motion passed.
Nancy George made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report, and Laura Miller seconded the motion. The motion passed.
Pam Sigler made a motion to pay the difference on the mums to Leaf It To Us. Nancy George seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
Pam Sigler also made a motion to donate $100 out of the Water Fund to Operation Gift. Jeane Brieland seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Jerry Conner property – Ameren needed a letter stating it was okay for them to place a light pole on the Village property – per Mr. Conner’s request. Conner agreed to pay all associated fees, and no fees will be turned over to the Village. President Dann granted such permission and the situation was taken care of.
- Ordinance Violations (John Street)
- Car was on fire – still sitting in yard
- Trash in yards
- Non-working vehicles
- Pet violations
- Board Holiday Party – scheduled for January 12th at 4pm
- 2020 Meeting dates scheduled – MOVED October’s meeting to Tuesday, October 13th
- Property Tax Levy – Nancy George made a motion to accept the Levy as prepared by Shirley Badman. Laura Miller seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Basement Remodel – Doug and Kyle were given free reign to do the construction as they see fit – keeping within the original guidelines.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Read meters – found 3 leaks
- Flushed hydrants
- Sent samples in
- Stickers for the new water book
- Heaters installed in basement
- Painted the basement
- Plow lights broke – taken to Paris to fix
- Sink hold reported on White Oak – Myron Little will have to fix it. It is too big for our equipment.
- Hauled rock from Arcola (crushed asphalt)
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- WWF Expenses – Bart Dann made the executive decision to NOT have a beer tent for the 2020 WWF
- WWF meetings will be held on the 3rd Thursdays of the month for the planning of the 2020 WWF
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 7:41 pm.