Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, July 12, 2021
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on Monday, July 12, 2021 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Jim Lansford, Gary Gilpin, and Jeane Breiland. Village Treasurer Shirley Badman was not in attendance. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer, and Village Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer were both present.
Jim Lansford made a motion to accept the minutes as presented. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion. The motion passed with 3 Trustee votes and 1 Presidential vote. ((Please see attached rules regarding quorum votes and Presidential votes.))
Jeane Brieland made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report and pay bills. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion. The motion passed with 3 Trustee votes and 1 Presidential vote.
- Cost of Living Increase for Village Employees: Topic tabled until there is a quorum of at least four (4) Trustees. President Dann does not want to use a Presidential vote to pass and new business.
- Outdoor Grills for Parks: Kyle will call for invoicing information.
- Trash Days Update: We used nine (9) dumpsters totaling $4050.00.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Myron Little worked on William Price’s ditch.
- Hauled riprap in for the ditch until the quarry ran out. Some more came in later. They finished that project today.
- Filled patches on roads between rains
- Basketball pole needs installed, but the ground is too wet
- River Rd keeps flooding – can’t mow
- Plans to work on the trees this winter
- He hasn’t heard from anyone regarding the front steps
- He hopes to have the fence up before school starts
- We need a new flagpole. He would like to replace ours when the steps are being worked on.
WATER SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT:
- A used scale is coming for the phosphate. It was $300
- Villa Grove has issues getting enough chlorine to Camargo. They are working together to get this remedied.
- There was a water leak this month. It was on the customer side.
- Samples will be completed next month.
- Lead and Copper samples are due before September.
VILLAGE PRESIDENT’S REPORT
- Football Ad is $100. This is the same ad we place every year. Gary made a motion to place the ad. Jeane seconded the motion. The motion passed – Bart did not vote.
- Bart discussed renting a storage unit from Jack for Village files that need to be kept. The office is full, and Shirley has several totes at her house. She shouldn’t have to store these. He also mentioned 3Cs. He would like to see one around the size of 16’x20’. If the price of lumber drops, maybe we could look into purchasing one already done.
- Ordinance Violations: No fines on our vehicle ordinances. He would like to see a minimum of $500 per vehicle, and he would like this motion passed at the next board meeting.
- Ordinance are going out in August
- Newsletters are going out in late July / early August. Can we add a spot asking for license plates and old street signs? These will be hung on the backdrop of the stage.
- Jaynes – are there people living in the camper. Jeane said they drove by and it smelled like raw sewage. She was concerned it was being dumped directly out of the camper into the ditch. Doug assured her that it is just the standing water in the ditches. We have had so much rain, that the water is starting to get moldy and stink. He can smell it at his house too.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 7:39 pm.