Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, August 10, 2020
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on August 10, 2020 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:01 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jim Hardway, Jim Lansford, Jeane Brieland, and Gary Gilpin. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer, Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer, and Treasurer Shirley Badman were all in attendance.
Nancy George made a motion to accept the minutes. Jim Hardway seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
Jim Hardway made a motion to accept the minutes, and Nancy seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Jeane Brieland made a motion to move to executive session for appointment, employment, compensation, resignation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity. Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and motion passed unanimously at 7:07 pm.
Jeane made a motion to move out of executive session, and Nancy seconded the motion. The motion passed at 7:16 pm.
- Appropriations Ordinance
Jim Hardway made a motion to accept the Appropriations Ordinance. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion, and motion passed unanimously.
- Audit Results
Nancy made a motion to accept the Audit and put it on file. Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Plant and Weeds Ordinance
There was a motion to accept the revision of ordinances. The motion fell. Jeane made a motion to table the conversation until the next meeting. Gary seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Voting of Raises
Nancy made a motion to increase Doug Raymer and Kyle Raymer’s salary by $0.50 per hour reactive to July 11, 2020. Jim Hardway seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
Jim Hardway made a motion to increase Shirley Badman’s salary by $1000 per year. ½ of this salary is to come from the General Fund, and ½ of the salary is to come from the Water Fund. Nancy seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Voting for Online Bill Payment
Jim Lansford made a motion to proceed with Court Money for the online water billing. Jeane seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Voting for New Printer
Shirley stated the printer died. Jim Hardway made a motion to purchase a new printer. Jeane seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Chlorine and Phosphate testers came in
- We used 8 dumpsters for trash days
- Log jam cleared near Taylor Haines Park – thank you to Frank Miller for the help
- Flushed hydrants at Patterson Springs
- Myron Little dug a new tap at Henderson’s on Rt 130 north of Camargo. Installation won’t be until fall.
- DBP samples and flushing to be done next week
- Main Street sidewalks were cleared off (grass, dirt and weeds)
- Next month we will have lead and copper samples
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- Vine Street Property was sold to Doug Jackson (VG). There was a message left for him on 08/10.
- ERBA schedule – Dennis said school is to start August 20. They will be present 5 days a week for 5 hours each day. Bart advised him that the Board agreed to him placing a camera in the classroom ONLY. There is NOT to be a camera in the office or in the main room as we have voting in our building and closed session meetings.
- Leaf It to Us will get back to us regarding the Arborvitaes for Issacher Street.
- Trash days was a success. Patterson Springs and Lakewood Estates used less than ¼ of a dumpster. We will most likely continue to open trash days to them in the future.
- The tornado siren has been ordered and should be delivered and installed within 2-3 weeks.
- Doug will be off work for a few days. In his absence, Kyle needs someone to drive him around to get meter readings. Danny Stevens volunteered to take him on his golf cart. The Board approved this. Jim Hardway stated that if Danny was unavailable, he would be able to help.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 8:30 pm.