Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
January 08, 2018
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on January 08, 2018 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Scott Tague, Jim Hardway, Jeane Brieland and Gary Gilpin. Village Treasurer, Shirley Badman and Water Superintendent Rick Kielhorn were both in attendance.
Nothing to report
Rick wished to clarify an issue mentioned in December’s minutes. The gear box that is being rebuilt is no longer under warranty. It was recorded that the rebuild was being done under those provisions. That is incorrect. The gear box is being rebuilt, but the Village will be billed for those equipment repairs.
Jim Hardway made a motion to accept the minutes with the corrections being made. Jeane Brieland seconded the motion, and the motion passed with four votes (Sigler and Miller were absent).
Gary Gilpin made a motion to pass the Treasurer’s Report. Scott Tague seconded the motion. The motion passed with four votes (Sigler and Miller were absent).
Shirley Badman presented the Board with copies of the Annual Financial Report that was prepared and authorized by Russ Leigh and Associates. Mr. Leigh found no errors and nothing that needed to be brought to the Board’s attention. Jim Hardway made a motion to accept the Annual Report, and Jeane Brieland seconded the motion. The motion passed with four votes (Sigler and Miller were both absent).
Nothing to report
· WWF – Jeane brought to the Board an idea for the children during the WWF. She would like to do an Art in the Park. The Board approved her proposal, and she will be overseeing this project.
· Sexual Harassment Ordinance
o Scott made a motion to accept the Sexual Harassment Ordinance, and Jeane seconded the motion. The motion passed with four votes (Miller and Sigler were absent).
o The paperwork was given to Shirley for filing.
WATER SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
· Ameren installed new lights on Hill Street and Mill Street
· They have been salting due to inclement weather
· Plowed snow twice
· Rick had to do some welding on the salt spreader
· A water main broke and it took 2 days to fix. Little was called in to help dig.
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
· Central Illinois Municipality Meeting will be held on January 18 at the Villa Grove City Hall at 6pm. It is $20 a person and covers the cost of dinner. Present will be Chapin Rose and Brad Holbrook. Bart opened the invitation to anyone who would like to go. The only two interested / available parties are Bart and Shirley. Both will attend the meeting and report back anything that could be used for the Village of Camargo.
· The July 2018 meeting will be moved to July 16th.
· Reminder to all Board members: The Appreciation Dinner will be held on January 27th. Salisa will send an evite out. Everyone is asked to bring a $10 white elephant gift and a dessert to share. Dinner is at 7pm at the Community Building.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 8:01 pm.