Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
December 11, 2017
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on December 11, 2017 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Scott Tague, Jim Hardway, Pam Sigler, Jeane Brieland, and Laura Miller. Village Treasurer, Shirley Badman and Water Superintendent Rick Kielhorn were both in attendance.
Nothing to report
Jim Hardway made a motion to accept the minutes. Laura Miller seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0; due to Gary Gilpin being absent.
Laura Miller made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Scott Tague seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0; due to Gary Gilpin being absent.
- Budget breakdown for Wooley Worm Festival
o Entertainment $1500
o Clothing $300
o Advertisements $300
o Inflatables, etc. $1000
o Misc $4400
- Kern’s Driveway
o Per Building Inspector Tim Wegeng, the Kern Family would like to install a 20’x20’ driveway to the east side of their property. The Board discussed whether the sidewalk would become a liability after vehicles drove over it breaking it down. It was explained that the sidewalk is currently in disarray, and was decided to plainly remove that section of sidewalk.
Laura Miller made a motion to remove the sidewalks on the east side of the Kern property from the driveway going north to the intersection. Scott Tague seconded the motion, and the motion passed 5-0 with Gary Gilpin being absent.
- Approval of payment for Santa
o This payment was approved by default due to the approval of bills.
- Property Tax Levy
o The Board passed the levy on a 5-0 vote; Gary Gilpin was absent.
WATER SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
Prior to Rick beginning his report, Jim stated there are two street lights that are not working. One street light is next to the UMC Parsonage on Mill St. The other light is between the Hardway and Hovis properties on Hill St. Rick said he would call Ameren this week and have them check them out. Prior to going home after the meeting, he would drive through town and see if there were any other lights not functioning properly.
- 1 water shut off
- New meter for Carso’s purchased and installed
- Fall meter inspection completed and insulated
- Winter prep ready (salt and plows)
- Met with Brad Drew and decorated the Camargo Christmas Tree
- Performed an annual check and prep of all equipment before winter
o The main gear box on the mowing tractor is broken. It was rebuilt under warranty (broken shaft). They will rebuild it again (NOT UNDER WARRANTY*).
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- The Chairman of the Wooley Worm Festival will be Salisa Dann. No one else wanted the duties.
- He would like to have an appreciation dinner for the Board and their spouses. The date chosen is January 27, 2018 at the Camargo Community Building. Each person is asked to bring a $10 gift for an exchange. The Board set a budget of $200.
- President Dann would like to put a thank you in the paper for all the hard work put in for the Tree Lighting and Christmas in Camargo festivities. Salisa said she would take care of placing the ad in the paper.
- Kevin Billingsley stated he would like to place some mulch at the parks. Rick informed Bart that the parks are done every other year. However, if Kevin would like donate the mulch, they will accept it.
- The State of Illinois mailed a flag to be hung during a ceremony. However, the flag was received on the Friday prior to the ceremony date. The Flag was given to Rick to hang under the US Flag. The IL Flag is only to be flown for one calendar year.
- Bart has one certificate for the house decorating contest from Gilles. He will get one from Tuscola IGA and Do It Best. The Board is meeting on December 18 at 6pm at the Community Building. From there we will head out and judge our lights.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 8:16 pm.
*Corrections made per Board request