Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, January 10, 2022
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on Monday, January 10, 2022 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jim Lansford, Jim Hardway, Jeane Brieland, and Gary Gilpin. Village Treasurer Shirley Badman was present.
Nancy George made a motion to accept the consent agenda for December’s minutes, bills paid, and Treasurer’s report. Jeane Brieland seconded the motion, with the motion passing unanimously.
- Discussion and Approval of new flag pole: Village President Bart Dann found a company that makes flag poles. They are telescopic and come with a 4’x6’ US flag. The company is US based (offdutyflagpoles.com), and they have several sizes and colors to choose from. After some discussion of size and color, Jim Hardway made a motion to purchase the 25’ silver pole. Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Multi-Governmental Agreement with Douglas County Animal Control: There were several questions the Board still has. A representative from the County Board was unavailable to attend our meeting. However, they asked that we email them our concerns and they would get back with us.
- Are we responsible for veterinary bills for stray animals if no owner is located?
- Do we have to transport stray animals to the pound?
- Are we responsible for every stray that is called into Animal Control that is within Village limits?
- What exactly is the Village’s liability?
Village Clerk Salisa Dann took these concerns and will email the County Board. No decisions or agreements will be signed until we hear back from them.
- Discussion of Rental Housing Ordinances: Jim Lansford wrote a letter to the property owner of the residence on Vine Street. The Village will mail that letter in hopes that improvements will be made without ordinances having to be created and passed.
- Discussion of Rental Housing Letter: see above
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT AND WATER SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer and Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer were both absent. President Bart Dann reported the following on his behalf:
- Read Meters
- 2 were bad
- Core & Main ordered some more meters (we are out). They found 2 in St. Louis. They have been shipped and installed.
- Pump motor back from Cox Electric. It is back in service.
- Cleaned storm drains
- Kept brush pile pushed up and burnt down
- Replaced 2 hydraulic hoses on the Bobcat
- Finished maintenance of the Kubota mower and put it up for the winter
- Fixed the chlorine leak in the plant
- Rep installed the new pressure switch per EPA – it took 2 days to install
- Made new water reading book
- Kyle salted all the streets on Saturday, January 08
- Used 1400 lbs of salt
- Purchased 3 new toilets for the community building basement – will possibly install this week
VILLAGE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- Jim Lansford said he spoke with Kevin Billingsly about scoping the lines in Camargo. Then we would know where all they line were located and what condition they were in. The Board approved for Jim to find a municipal scoping service.
Jim Lansford said he would make the calls.
- Bart spoke with Kirk Rogers. Behind Blake Swan and Fred Retter’s property is a broken storm drain tile. Kirk thinks it is corrugated. According to Kirk, if the Village fixes that tile, it will help the water drainage issues on Vine Street. Jim Hardway believes there is a tile in the outfield of the baseball diamond. This is something the Board will look into in warmer weather.
- Bart also spoke with IML. The water tower should be insured at $950,000.
- Jim Lansford also asked about an update on our Village credit card. Shirley stated she would reach out to her contact and ask them about the status on it. She believes we should have received it by now.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 7:57 pm.