Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 23, 2020
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on Monday, November 23, 2020 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George (via Zoom), Jim Lansford (via Zoom), Laura Miller (via Zoom), Jeane Brieland, and Gary Gilpin. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer, Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer, and Treasurer Shirley Badman were all in attendance.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A
Jeane Brieland made a motion to accept the minutes. Laura Miller seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
Laura made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: N/A
- Ordinance Violations
- Jackson – Moved, but Village Clerk Salisa Dann will mail to last known address
- Operation Gift
Jeane made a motion to donate $100 to Operation Gift to come from the Water Fund. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Ordinance Clarifications – No change
- ERBA TV Mount
The Board discussed ERBA mounting a television to the wall in the office to use as a security monitor. The Board decided against this request. They suggested they use a computer monitor or get a smaller TV that can sit on a desk. They do not want any destruction or modification to the walls or the chalkboards. There is no way to mount a tv or monitor to the wall in the office without going through the chalkboard.
- Property Tax Levy
Nancy George made a motion to accept the property tax levy as prepared. Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Water Bill Increase
Jeane made a motion to increase the water bill base rate: $2.00 on the first year to begin on the January 01, 2021 billing cycle and $1.00 on the second year to begin on January 01, 2022 billing cycle. Gary seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Read meters and replaced two
- Water main break on White Oak
- New chlorine pumps are in
- We are only using 4lbs of chlorine / day. Before we were using 35lbs / day.
- Henderson’s tap was hooked up
- Christmas tree lights are up
- Insulated meters
- Flushed hydrants
- Samples sent in – they were good
- Both sides of the bridge near River Rd were weeded and brush cut down
- Plows moved to the shop to prep for snow
- Serviced the trucks
- Community Service Worker showed up
- Must do 24-25 hours
- Completed 1 ½ hours so far
- Water meter wand broke – it is taped together and won’t read. It needs to be replaced. IL Meter has one for $1640. If we get the one that will upload directly to the Treasurer’s water billing system it will be $5700. Nancy made a motion to purchase the wand for $1640. Jeane seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- Tree lighting service cancelled due to COVID numbers being so high. We will make a Facebook post that states our tree is lit. Bart would like to decorate the stage.
- There will be a lighting contest. 4 gift certificates ($25 each) to local businesses will the awarding prizes. Nancy made a motion to purchase four prizes totaling $100 to come out the of the Water Fund. Laura seconded the motion, and the motion passed. Each member of the board needs to cast their vote and email it to Salisa no later than December 18th. All homes decorated in the Village of Camargo, Patterson Springs, and Lakewood Estates are eligible to win. The four categories:
- Most Lights
- Most Religious
- Most Original
- Most Classic / Traditional
- Bart, Shirley, and Salisa have all received emails regarding the DCEO (Cares Act). This is a fund that was designed to help towns and villages that have suffered due to COVID. This grant awards money to those towns and villages that have expenses that can be reimbursed – that were all due to COVID. The Village of Camargo has not incurred any COVID related expenses and made no PPE purchases. We have no reimbursable fees due to COVID related issues. Both Bart and Shirley agreed that the Village does not qualify for any of portion of this grant.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 7:46 pm.