Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 14, 2022
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on Monday, November 14, 2022 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 6:01 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jim Lansford, Jeane Breiland, Laura Miller, and Gary Gilpin. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer and Village Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer were both present. Treasurer Shirley Badman was also present.
Salisa Dann: The Village received a letter from Operation Gift. This is an organization that provides gifts for families in need in our area. Nancy George made a motion to contribute $100 to Operation Gift, and Jeane Breiland seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Nancy George made a motion to accept the consent agenda. Laura Miller seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Consider and Approve 2022-O-111422A, an ordinance authorizing the purchase of real estate at 515 South Vine Street, Camargo, IL for Twenty-Thousand Dollars ($20,000.00): The motion for Ordinance 2022-O-111422A was made, seconded, and passed unanimously.
- Consider and Approve 2022-O-111411B, an ordinance authorizing the purchase of real estate at Plowman’s Addition Lots 3, 4, 19 and 20, Camargo, IL for Thirty-Thousand Dollars ($30,000.00): The motion for Ordinance 2022-O-111422B was made, seconded, and passed unanimously.
- Consider and Approve the repair / replacement of a sidewalk in front of Bob Gabbard’s: This sidewalk goes from Bob’s house east to Vine Street. Bart suggested Kyle and Doug to reach out to Austin Kelly for bids. The Board approved for Kyle to get bids for the sidewalk repair / replacement.
OLD BUSINESS: N/A
Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:
- Cleaned up the park / picnic tables after the WWF
- Replaced 3 meters
- Serviced the ½ ton
- Fixed the ditch on Vine Street (cut and patched it)
- Hung Christmas Lights on the Concession Stand, Christmas Tree, and Fence
- Worked on the front door of the Community Building. It was letting cold air in.
- Fixed a sink pipe
- Picked up more compost. We used 4 loads this year.
- Tested the salt spreader and snow plow
- Future water customers across from J&J’s: in order to get water to them, it would take a 3” main to get it across the highway.
- Cut and trimmed trees and limbs on River Rd
- Flagged water meters
WATER SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer reported the following:
- Will be doing samples on Wednesday morning
- Flushing hydrants today
- Salesman coming tomorrow for the chlorine machine. This is a demo unit only
- Changed the phosphate over to the correct phosphate
- Scale or radar to adjust
- Pricing to come later
- This will make us compliant with the correct permits
- American Water is changing water meters in VG to radio. They are borrowing our touch readers until they are all installed.
VILLAGE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:
Village President Bart Dann reported the following:
- Aaron Hubbard reached out. He was not happy about the Village moving forward with ordinance violation on his step-dad’s property. Bart explained to him that the Board explained very clearly to Mr. Benefield that he had until October 25th. After that date, violations would be mailed. Benefield stated he understood. Bart stated to Mr. Hubbard that he didn’t care if he was upset about the violations. It was Mr. Benefield’s property, and if they weren’t communicating that wasn’t the Village’s problem. By the time the 25th came around, Mr. Benefield had moved the vehicles into the barn on his property. He is now compliant.
- Jim Chandler will set the closing dates when we finalize the ordinances.
- T-Mobile is coming Wednesday to look at the bank property for their tower.
Jim Lansford brought up Guy Webb’s property. Apparently, he is on the list with Tim Little to have Tim clean it up.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 6:36 pm.