Village of Camargo
Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, February 13, 2023
The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on Monday, February 13, 2023 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 6:03 pm by Village President Bart Dann. Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jim Lansford, Jeane Breiland (arrived at 6:22 pm), Laura Miller, and Gary Gilpin. Village Superintendent Doug Raymer and Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer were in attendance as well.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A
CONSENT AGENDA: Nancy George made a motion to accept the consent agenda. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- New Bases for Ball field: Nancy made a motion to purchase new bases for the ball field for $377.77. Laura Miller seconded the motion and the motion passed.
- New Panels for the Ball Diamond: Laura made a motion to purchase replacement panels for the ball diamond for $594.93. Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Remodel City Hall: Prior to the meeting, Salisa Dann emailed the Board photos of the building the way it sits right now. Bart picked out flooring and paint colors. Doug and Kyle will remove 2 unnecessary closets, the counter in the middle of the room, replace flooring, update the bathroom to make it ADA compliant, and paint everything. Jim Lansford asked if we could check the flooring prices at Graber’s in Tuscola before we purchase the flooring in Villa Grove. Bart told him he would definitely check on it. Laura Miller made a motion to reserve $10,000 for remodel costs. Gary Gilpin seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Set Trash Days: Friday, June 02 (8a-4p) and Saturday, June 03 (8a-12p)
- Set Park Clean Up Days and Golf Cart Registration: Saturday, April 01
- Discussion and Possible Approval of T-Mobile Lease: Jim Lansford made a motion to accept the T-Mobile lease agreement. Nancy seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Google Workspace Discussion and Possible Approval: Salisa gave a presentation packet to the Board regarding Google Workspace. She believes this will be easier for the Board members to retrieve minutes and agendas. This will be a time saver for her in the long run. She agreed to train everyone on how to use the new system. The major bonus is that all the information will be saved in the cloud and not on her personal computer. Access can be gained from any internet connection. Jim Lansford made a motion to purchase the Google Workspace. Nancy seconded the motion and the motion passed unanimously.
VILLAGE SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT:
- Read meters
- Notified Owen Piercy that he won the tree bid. He came out and cut the trees down. Doug and Kyle cleaned the brush and hauled it to the burn pile.
- Cleaned and burned the burn pile
- Stacked the logs and moved them to higher ground at Taylor Haines Park. They were worried they might float away if the river got too high.
- Plowed snow
- Dealt with a water leak on Orchard Street.
- Hauled lime to the ball field
WATER SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT:
- Completed water samples the 1st of February
- Flushed meters
- Had 1 bad meter
- Phosphate chemical pump installed and working correctly
- Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, Kyle will be at a Water Conference in Effingham
- Took a formal property complaint on George Street
- Took a formal complaint of someone burning
- Spoke with Jim Crane about resurfacing Main Street. Jim is supposed to get with Doug and Kyle.
With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 6:48 pm.