August 2022

Download Minutes

Village of Camargo

Board Meeting Minutes

Regular Session

Monday, August 08, 2022

7:00 pm


The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on Monday, August 08, 2022 at the Camargo Community Building.  The meeting was called to order at 7:01 pm by Village President Bart Dann.  Roll call found the following trustees present: Nancy George, Jim Lansford, Jim Hardway, Jeane Breiland, Laura Miller and Gary Gilpin.  Village Superintendent Doug Raymer and Village Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer were both present.





Nancy George made a motion to accept the consent agenda.  Jim Hardway seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.



  1. Discussion and Possible Vote to Move Meeting Time to 6pm: Laura Miller made a motion to move the meeting time up to 6pm.  Jim Lansford seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.


  1. Discussion and Possible Vote to Purchase Property: The property in question is on the west side of the park.  Thompson is asking $30,000 for four lots.  The discussion was tabled, and the Board asked Jeane Thompson to please have Jack come to the next Board meeting.


  1. Discussion and Possible Vote to Purchase Water Billing Mailing Drop Box: Jim Hardway made a motion to approve up to $1000 for a drop box pending the appraisal / purchase of the bank property.  Jeane Thompson seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.



  1. Bank Property Recap: There was no return call regarding the bank property.  Jim Hardway commented that he feels there is no need for an additional property; his main concern being building maintenance.  This topic was tabled for an additional month.


  1. Discussion of Condemned Homes: There are two properties on George Street that are the main concern.  Both are abandoned.  After speaking with the attorney, it might be easier if the Board would send an email to the current owners with options of repairing the property, removing the current homes from the property, or handing the property over to the Village.


  1. Ordinance Violations Mailed:
    1. Gage Bailey: Move to step #2
    2. Randy Benefield:
      1. Grey coupe: Move to step #2
      2. Motor home: Move to step #2
  • White truck: Vehicle was moved
  1. Semi: 60 day extension granted with 30 day progress report
  1. John Lowenstein: Move to step #2
  2. Shelley Powell:
    1. Chrysler Town & Country: Move to step #2
    2. Toyota 4 Runner: Move to step #2
  3. Barb Smith:
    1. SUV: Move to step #2
    2. Camper: Move to step #2


  1. Xerox Lease: The cost of a leased printer would be more expensive than the cost of purchasing a new one. The Board told Shirley and Salisa to pick out a printer and bring the cost to the next Board meeting.


  1. Graduating Class Building Reservation / Donation: Tabled until the next meeting


  1. Christmas Decoration Update: The cost of decorations are continuously increasing. There was an additional flyer that came in from Christmas Etc.  We will continue to shop.


  1. Community Building Checklist: The Board would like for Ginger to clean once a week regardless of rentals.  They would like a monthly checklist and each week she should have 1 – 1½ hours of work.  Salisa said she would make a checklist for the next Board meeting.



Village Superintendent Doug Raymer reported the following:

  • Read meters
  • Mowed
  • Fixed bearing in the merry-go-round
    • Went to Arthur to Heartland to get the part
  • Took the outfield fence down
  • Kobata seat broke
  • 217 Inc. came back and jetted. They estimated $13,000 to replace the tower.  Cody Miller found 2 tiles in Retter’s yard.  Cody will dig and replace the tile at $150 per hour (which is prevailing wage).  Retter’s yard was also seeded and watered.
  • Adkisson fixed the roof at the Community Building
  • Sink hole found on White Oak near the cemetery
  • The 1 ton truck was making a noise. $115 for Ford to look at it.  It was less than $600 for Doug and Kyle to fix it.  Ford wanted $1300 – $1500.
  • Turned water off on George Street residence causing a water main break. There were multiple tree roots grown around it.  Kyle power-washed the mud off the roots and used a saw to cut through them.  Then they could pump the water out and fixed the leak.
  • Camargo was placed under a boil order today due to Villa Grove having a water main leak.
  • Suggested contacting Cler’s to see about getting some electricity ran to the Camargo sign. The current lights are not working very well (they are solar powered).  He also suggested seeing if they would be able to manufacture some snowflakes for the Village.



Water Superintendent Kyle Raymer reported the following:

  • Boil order samples were taken to Charleston.
  • Shut off water from Villa Grove at 3pm on Saturday. We ran on our own tower until 6pm today.
  • Disinfectant bi-product samples coming up this month. Now we have to do them every 3 months – regardless of passing tests or not.
  • Lead and Copper samples came back. We passed with no issues.  No testing again for these until May.



Village President Bart Dann reported the following:

  • Cathy took the baseball fence down, and it needs 6 panels replaced.
  • Heidi McFarland reached out about the street light. She would like to have it removed.  The Board stated it would be a safety issue if removed – the light stays.
  • Darnell Cox called regarding a parcel of property at Plum Grove. This property is “L” shaped between other properties, and the interested party would like to park his motor home there.  The Board was concerned with the width of the property vs the width of the camper.  Although it would be a non-issue, because if he wished to park a “vehicle” there he MUST install a proper driveway and culvert.  He cannot live IN the camper / motorhome, and he MUST maintain the property.
  • There is a woman that purchased and placed a “tiny home” in Tuscola. She has a friend that would like to place the same home on a property purchased at Plum Grove.  She stated that Tim Wegeng advised her she could NOT place a “tiny home” on the property; that it had to meet specific square footage.  Bart stated he would like to have the homeowner and Mr. Wegeng come to the next meeting.
  • Jim Hardway said he had someone from Patterson Springs contact him regarding his water sources. They currently have “city” water, but they would like to go back to well water.  The Board said they were fine with this.
  • Someone asked if Camargo was having city-wide garage sales this fall. Bart said it was not planned, but he is okay with it if someone wants to do it.

With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Bart Dann called for adjournment at 8:30 pm.


Salisa Dann

Village Clerk