February 2017

Download Minutes

Village of Camargo

Board Meeting Minutes

Regular Session

February 13, 2017

The Village Board of the Village of Camargo met in regular session on February 13, 2017 at the Camargo Community Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Village President Richard Billingsley. Roll call found the following trustees present: Terri Miller, Gary Gilpin, Rodney Farris, Laura Miller, Pam Sigler, and Jim Hardway. Village Treasurer Shirley Badman was present; Water Superintendent Rick Kielhorn was also present.

PUBLIC COMMENTS – Bart Dann was present and suggested a Meet and Greet for the existing Board and the members of the community that are running for office. This would allow the voters an opportunity to meet their Board, and the Board to meet their community. The Board discussed this and agreed on Saturday, March 11, 2017 from 8:30 am – 10 am. Salisa will make a flyer and have it placed in the Tri-County Journal. Bart will order 3-4 dozen doughnuts from Daylight Doughnuts.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES – On a motion by Jim and seconded by Laura Miller, the minutes were passed unanimously with the following corrections:

Under New Business, section d, “The Village will NOT be responsible for moving the snow off of the steps. Head Start will see that this is done.”

TREASURER’S REPORT – On a motion by Terri Miller, seconded by Rodney Farris, the Treasurer’s Report was approved unanimously.


  1. Website
  • Shirley is looking into some WordPress training.
  • Salisa agreed to attend said training if it would help the website run smoother.


  1. Audit

Russell Leigh, CPA, completed our audit and told Shirley that everything balances, and there is nothing that he is concerned about.


    • Several JULIE calls
    • A few salt events
    • Locksmith came and changed locks / new keys dispersed
    • Re the new truck: They are looking for some aftermarket accessories and lettering for the side of the truck.
    • New thermostats were installed
      • Problems:
        • Only worked 4 days out of 2 wks.
        • Thermostat died
        • Replaced the new thermostat with the old thermostat
        • Tuscola Home Center no longer deals with the company the thermostat came from
        • Leon Kinney is working on fixing this issue.
    • Tile issues:
      • Collapsed tile in the state highway that drains the whole south end of Camargo.
    • Rick is going to look into plug in baseboard heaters for the downstairs.


Billingsley reported the following:

  • Regarding the tile issues mentioned above, the location of the broken tile is at South Vine Street and Route 36. Jim Crane sent an email to IDOT in Paris. Paris says that Frontier is responsible for the broken tile.
  • Regarding the Vehicle Ordinances that went to court:
    • Ronnie Shanks – FTA in January. Next Court Date is March 16th.
  • Nancy Simpson called and would like to know where and how she could donate some 4H Grant money. Kevin suggested the following:
    • Planting a new tree
    • Painting the steps at the Community Building
    • Preservation of the Handicapped Ramp
      • In the past, 4H has donated new bases to the ball diamond.
  • Kevin called Judi Pollock at the County Clerk’s Office and advised her that we were not going to be allowed to vote at the Community Building due to Head Start. He suggested the Fire Department and the Victory Church. Judi would not give Kevin a straight answer as to where in Camargo we would be voting, if anywhere. After notifying the Board of this information, it was suggested that Head Start agreed to close on voting days so we could keep our voting facility. Kevin misunderstood that conversation and would be calling Head Start and Judi Pollock to clear the situation up.
  • Terri Miller advised that she would be resigning effective the end of this meeting. With great sadness, Gary made a motion to accept Terri’s resignation, Rodney seconded the motion, and it was voted unanimously.
  • With Terri’s departure, the Board had to divide her duties:
    • Salisa volunteered to take on the rental responsibilities.
    • Salisa also volunteered to take on the golf cart registration.
  • Kevin suggested a $25 / month increase for Salisa due to the increase of work. Laura made a motion to raise Salisa’s salary by $25 / month beginning March 01, Rodney seconded the motion, and the Board voted unanimously.

With no further business to come before the Board, Village President Richard Billingsley called for adjournment at 8:46 pm.

Salisa Dann

Village Clerk